In the world of Disc Golf there are so many different styles of Discs out there. I recently found an individual who makes and dyes his own discs for people to use. These designs are unlike any design I have seen before. The person who i am talking about is Walter Paskert, who is the creator and owner of (DISC) Qualified Discs. I got the chance to ask him a few questions and he had some great answers! Check them out below!
1) How did you get your start in Disc golf?
– When I was in high school, a good friend of mine introduced me to the sport. Having a competitive nature and enjoying my first few times, it is safe to say I was hooked!
2) Where did the idea of Dyeing them come into play?
– Originally, dyeing discs started off as a hobby. As I began to experiment some and find some success with it, I pursued an idea of making it something bigger. What keeps me going with it is my love for the sport, making people more excited about the game, and bottom line – having another means to provide for my wife and soon to be newborn (come December).
3) What are the easiest discs to dye?
-The best plastic to dye is the premium grades (Star/GStar/Fuzion/Bio/Gold Line/S-Line etc.).
4) What has been your favorite Dye so far?
-My favorite dye is the highly coveted Lollipop dye job.
5) Do you Disc golf often?
-I do play a decent amount. I am currently rehabbing my knee from a replaced ACL that was torn this past summer, so I am hoping to resume my play this coming summer.
6) What is your favorite Disc in general?
-My favorite disc to use has got to be a Star Shryke. in the right conditions, that disc can just soar!
7) What is your favorite course?
-My personal favorite course, aside from my home course – North Strabane Township Park, is Moraine State Park. It’s beautiful there, challenging layout, and a lot of fun shots to be made.
8) What can we expect from you for the remainder of the year?
-You can expect continued quality on every dye job that is completed. That is my main goal in addition to making every customer as happy as can be. I will continue producing Lollipop dye jobs like none other, and currently working on something new and exciting as well!
9) Who has been your favorite person to work with so far?
-It has to be a tie really. Eagle McMahon, Nate Sexton, and Philo Brathwaite. These three have shown tremendous support and all have at least one (DISC)Qualified dye job that they are very excited about. In addition to the support, they are all three great guys and just people in general.
10) Is there anything else you would like people to know about you that they may not?
-All of my drive and inspiration comes not only from my family, but from the faith that I have in God. Not even just talking dyed discs, but in life in general, I would not be where I am today if not for His guidance and continued grace on my life. When all hope has seemed lost on a few occasions – when it seemed I had no one else – I felt the comfort of God’s love and an overwhelming peace to get me through the storms. All the glory goes to him.
I would like to thank Walter for taking the time to answer my questions and getting them back to me as quick as he could! If you would like to check out his discs and see what he is about, you can find him on instagram and facebook by searching disc qualified discs!
picture credit goes to Disc qualified facebook.